Beanstalkd 0.6 Release Notes
I’m happy to announce beanstalkd 0.6.
This release has several protocol changes and other updates. This server won’t work with a client designed for any earlier beanstalkd.
- Server returns the newly-inserted job id.
- The time-to-run (aka timeout) is now given for every job.
- Build fixes on Mac OS X.
- Minor speed improvements.
- The server is more strict about trailing garbage on command lines.
- Better error reporting – the server won’t just close the connection.
Download the 0.6 tarball directly:
Learn all about beanstalk:
Talk about beanstalk development or use at:
- The min heap data structure is not dynamically-sized. This means a fixed hard limit on the number of ready jobs (by default set to around 16 million).